The CAAT Plan exists to pay lifetime pensions to its members.
Keeping the Plan properly funded is core to ensuring the security of those promised benefits and to maintaining the Plan’s record of providing benefit improvements that are conditional on its funded status, such as inflation protection.
The Plan stays properly funded to secure benefits by:
- Employing comprehensive risk management, including ongoing, detailed analysis of Plan data, economic conditions, proposed legislative changes affecting pensions, and demographic changes to anticipate and manage through change
- Using prudent, realistic assumptions about member longevity and demographics, long-term investment returns, and inflation
- Maintaining a healthy level of funding reserves as a buffer against economic and demographic shocks
- Investing contributions in a diversified mix of asset classes appropriate for the Plan’s liabilities
- Evaluating opportunities for growth that enhance the Plan’s efficiency and strength.
Read about the Plan's Funding Policy
Read the actuarial valuation