Start collecting your deferred pension
Your deferred pension is the amount of pension you earned in the Plan during your active membership, up to the date you terminated your employment. A deferred pension offers the flexibility to collect a secure lifetime pension from the CAAT Pension Plan, even if you left employment before you were eligible to retire.
You can start your deferred pension between the ages of 50 and 65
- Starting your pension at age 65
Your pension will start on the first day of the month following your 65th birthday, and your pension will be unreduced. To ensure the timely delivery of your payments, be sure to submit your completed documentation well in advance. If, within the year of your 65th birthday we have not heard from you, we will contact you to get the process started.
- Starting your pension before age 65
You can start your deferred pension at age 50 with a reduction. If you start your deferred pension before you turn 65, your pension will be reduced by 5% for each year your early retirement precedes age 65. This reduction reflects that you will be collecting the pension for a longer period than a member who retires later.
Once you start your pension:
- Your pension will be paid on the first of each month for the rest of your life.
- Your pension will be increased each year with conditional inflation protection, when granted.
- Your spouse will receive a survivor pension for his or her life if you predecease them.